For New Cat H Licence Applications and Renewal of Existing Licences
When you email the Club’s Authorised Representative - email@example.com - to request a QP518A, you must confirm the following:
1. Your full legal name
2. Your Date of Birth
3. For NEW licence applications:
o Your date of joining Ipswich Pistol Club
§ If you don’t know your joining date please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
§ Have you been an approved member of Ipswich Pistol Club Inc for more than six months?
· If yes, continue
· If no, stop and wait until you have exceeded six months’ membership
For RENEWAL of existing licences:
o Please confirm you are financial
4. Your current residential address
o Is this the same address on the Club’s records?
§ If not, please notify email@example.com and when the club’s records are correct, go back to 1. above
o Is this the same address on your Driver’s Licence (If applicable)?
§ If not, you need to update Qld Transport and have your driver’s licence details updated, and once completed go back to 1. above
· (If you submit an application for a firearms licence and your details do not match other government database details, your application will be delayed)
5. For NEW licence applications, please provide a CLEAR scan or photo of your Participation Card
o Have you completed at least 3 competition match shoots in the six months prior to your anticipated licence application date?
§ If yes, continue
§ If no, please arrange to complete the required shoots, and then go back to 1. above
· Please note, Course in Firearms Safety is NOT a complying competition shoot
6. Please ensure your email address is correct
o If not, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and when the club’s records are correct, go back to 1. above
Please note: The Club’s Authorised Weapons Licensing Branch Representative (above) is the ONLY person in the Club who is approved to provide QP518a’s
Permit to Acquire Club Letter
When you email the Club’s Secretary (email@example.com) or other Committee Members, you must confirm the following:
1. Club financial status – i.e. are you financial?
5. Action Type (revolver / semi auto / break / bolt etc)
6. Magazine / Cylinder capacity
7. Barrel Length
8. Which match(s) you intend to use the firearm for
Please be aware of the restrictions in the Weapons Act 1990 and the Weapons Regulation 2016 about what calibres of firearm you may lawfully possess for sporting competition:
· Section 132 (1)(a) of the Weapons Act limits firearms which may be possessed for sporting use pursuant to a Cat H licence to .38 calibre, and then in s 132(2) allow a higher calibre if participating in an ‘accredited event’ (Cat H Class C endorsement); accredited event is defined in the Weapons Regulations 2016 to be a metallic silhouette or single action match with a firearm of up to but not exceeding .45cal.